[GRASS-dev] Re: [GRASS-user] interactive multiple selection

Martin Landa landa.martin at gmail.com
Thu Jan 22 15:56:42 EST 2009

Hi,

2009/1/22 Hamish <hamish_b at yahoo.com>:
> slightly-related, but before I forget, I had an idea about the "adding
> where= SQL queries to all vector modules in gr7" wish. hijack the parser
> with a semi-colon.
>
> for example:
>  v.module input="roads; WHERE surface IS 'gravel'"

hm, this would complicate GUI dialog. I would prefer to add 'where'
parameter to the all modules (also 'cats', 'bbox') - similar to v.edit
selection parameters and not to mix map names with where statement. I
know more work, anyway some changes in the GIS and Vector library
would make it easier.

Martin

--
Martin Landa <landa.martin gmail.com> * http://gama.fsv.cvut.cz/~landa *