[GRASS-dev] Re: subgroups in grass7

Martin Landa landa.martin at gmail.com
Sat Jan 31 10:27:35 EST 2009

Hi,

2009/1/10 Martin Landa <landa.martin at gmail.com>:
> while reading
>
> http://trac.osgeo.org/grass/ticket/134
>
> Do we really need subgroups in G7? It would simplify usage of many
> modules. E.g. I don't understand why I need to define subgroup for
> i.maxlik.
>
> Thanks for clarification.

so should I understand that subgroups are not really used in GRASS?

Another question - I would suggest to generalize i.group to g.group -
module which can group raster or vector layers into groups. This would
require to move group-related subroutines from imagery to gis library.
Then some v.* modules could accept vector layers group - e.g.
v.transform.

Martin

--
Martin Landa <landa.martin gmail.com> * http://gama.fsv.cvut.cz/~landa