[GRASS-dev] 6.4rc5: wxgui display problems

Hamish hamish_b at yahoo.com
Thu Jul 2 03:44:45 EDT 2009

Moritz wrote:
> - changing colors or other display parameters does not change the
> appearance of the map, even after a full redraw of all maps
>
> Saving the workspace, closing the display and then
> reloading the workspace
> normally solves the problem.
>
> Any hints of what might cause this and/or where I should
> look for more info ?

you will find some more about this in the mailing list archives.

in this case r.colors modifies a support file for the map but the GUI
has no way of knowing that has happened. each render-layer in the map
display is cached separately and only recomposed if the GUI knows
that something has changed. finally all render-layers are sandwiched
with appropriate transparency into the image you see in the map display.

in the gis.m tcltk GUI Map Display window the top left button is "redraw",
but the second button in is "force redraw". After using r.colors or
similar to modify a map you'll need to hit the "force redraw" button.

not sure about the wxGUI, I don't have that near me right now, but I
expect there will be a similar button.

Hamish