[GRASS-dev] 6.4rc5: wxgui display problems

Moritz Lennert mlennert at club.worldonline.be
Thu Jul 2 09:41:20 EDT 2009

Sorry, apparently I was not clear enough:

On Thu, July 2, 2009 09:44, Hamish wrote:

> Moritz wrote:
>> - changing colors or other display parameters does not change the
>> appearance of the map, even after a full redraw of all maps
>>

> in this case r.colors modifies a support file for the map but the GUI
> has no way of knowing that has happened. each render-layer in the map
> display is cached separately and only recomposed if the GUI knows
> that something has changed. finally all render-layers are sandwiched
> with appropriate transparency into the image you see in the map display.

I know about the redraw, but this isn't the issue (actually we were
working with vectors where this is not a problem). Even a redraw does not
change the display.

On Thu, July 2, 2009 09:47, Hamish wrote:

> Moritz Lennert wrote:
>> - zooming in the display shows you the new zoomed map, but
>> also the same map in the previous zoom state.
>
> are the stale map layers actually a decorations? (grid, scalebar,
> thematic layer, etc)

No, it is the actual (in this case vector) map.

>> - adding a new layer does not make this layer appear in the
>> map display
>
> hit the redraw button or tick the "[] always Render" box on the bottom
> right of the map display window?

All of this has no effect. As mentioned, I have to save the workspace
file, close the workspace and reload the workspace to get correct display.

This has just bitten me again, but still not way of predicting when this
might happen...

Moritz