[GRASS-dev] Re: [GRASS-user] problems compiling grass 7

Hamish hamish_b at yahoo.com
Thu Jun 18 13:04:29 EDT 2009

Martin wrote:
> Shell scripts are not supported in GRASS7. The scripts
> mentioned above needs to be ported to Python.

as a general comment, even if GRASS itself doesn't ship with any
shell scripts I think it is wrong not to support them at all,
i.e. force users to port their own scripts. I do hope that
recent changes in trunk do not preclude using/installing shell
script modules cleanly, and would protest loudly if that is the
case. It's one thing not to ship any, it's another very
different thing to deny their use.

regards,
Hamish
(still no time to port v.*.gps etc, and won't have for a while)