[GRASS-dev] v.lidar category numbers

Hamish hamish_b at yahoo.com
Fri Jun 19 07:27:53 EDT 2009

Hi,

I'm a bit confused with v.lidar EDGE/TERRAIN/UNKNOWN #defines.

v.lidar.edgedetection categorizes data points as either of those three.

output vector map includes cats 0,1,2 by layer 1.
 (also there is a DB on layer 3, but that is not important to this email)

man page says:
 EDGE (cat = 1, layer = 1)
 TERRAIN (cat = 2, layer = 1)
(so cat=0 is UNKNOWN ??)

vector/lidar/v.lidar.edgedetection/edgedetection.c has:
    /* 0 = PRE_TERRAIN */
    /* 1 = PRE_EDGE */
    /* 2 = UNKNOWN */

vector/lidar/lidarlib/PolimiFunct.h has:
    /* PRE-CLASSIFICATION */
#define PRE_TERRAIN             1
#define PRE_EDGE                2
#define PRE_UNKNOWN             3

In v.lidar.growing I don't see any of these clearly but I guess they
must be there.

... I am a little confused. I'd like to update the v.lidar.edgedetection
man page to say what cat 0 in its output means.

thanks,
Hamish