[GRASS-dev] Compile errors - dllmain and fmode - releasebranch_6_4 and develbranch_6

Markus Neteler neteler at osgeo.org
Wed Mar 4 16:57:17 EST 2009

On Wed, Mar 4, 2009 at 5:47 PM, Glynn Clements <glynn at gclements.plus.com> wrote:

>> > Er, right; my Shlib.make was modified to remove the DLLMAIN_OBJ stuff
>> > (probably to get it to compile).
>
> Actually, that's probably not it. But for whatever reason, I have a
> modified version without the changes.

Here is what's in SVN:
http://trac.osgeo.org/grass/browser/grass/branches/develbranch_6/include/Make/Shlib.make
http://trac.osgeo.org/grass/browser/grass/branches/develbranch_6/lib/gis/Makefile

Ha!
No trace of dllmain.c in
http://trac.osgeo.org/grass/browser/grass/branches/develbranch_6/lib/gis/

I'm confused. Perhaps our radio-bridge based internet connection in the
office failed silently. Submitted (again) in r36196 for devel_branch6.

In 6.4.0svn it was already present.

>> On which platform did it fail?
>
> It will fail on MinGW, as the changes add dllmain.o to the link
> command but don't provide any way for that file to be created.

Please give the compilation another try.
Colin, too...

The entire change is yet missing in grass 7 as I don't know
how to modify the Makefiles appropriately. The patches of
the trac ticket won't work.

Markus