[GRASS-dev] database driver errors from wish tcltk gui on mac

Ken Nussear knussear at mac.com
Mon Mar 9 18:59:34 EDT 2009

Hi

I'm on Mac OSX 10.5.6 using Grass 6.4 RC3. I'm using the WISH TclTk
GUI using ActiveTcl 8.5 from ActiveState.

I'm having driver errors when accessing vector attribute information
via the GUI, but not from the command line

For example- using spearfish
Adding a vector to the map
Selected buglist from the list of vectors
Clicked the "Show Attribute Table" button in the lower panel of the
GRASS GIS Manager window

Got this error in the output

db.select table=bugsites database=/Users/knussear/Documents/Research/
GIS/grassdata/spearfish60/PERMANENT/dbf/ driver=dbf

Bad file descriptor: dup r
dbmi: Protocol error
Unable to start driver <dbf>

I copied the same line and pasted it in the terminal

db.select table=bugsites database=/Users/knussear/Documents/Research/
GIS/grassdata/spearfish60/PERMANENT/dbf/ driver=dbf
cat|str1
1|Beetle site
2|Beetle site
3|Beetle site