[GRASS-dev] location wizard borked

Vincent Bain bain at toraval.fr
Tue Mar 10 03:24:40 EDT 2009

Hello all,
related to the location wizard, perhaps what follows does not deal with
any sort of bug but my misuse of the location creation process :

If you need to create from scratch a new gisdabe, located elsewhere than
the current one, the location wizard first writes your new location
directory in the /current/ gisdbase instead of the new one you've just
set. Then when you define a new mapset or want to start from within
PERMANENT, the application fails, with this message :

        Starting GRASS ...
        Traceback (most recent call last):
          File "/usr/local/grass-6.4.0svn/etc/wxpython/gis_set.py", line
        401, in OnWizard

        self.lblocations.SetSelection(self.listOfLocations.index(gWizard.location))
        ValueError: list.index(x): x not in list
        Traceback (most recent call last):
          File "/usr/local/grass-6.4.0svn/etc/wxpython/gis_set.py", line
        686, in OnStart
            "set=LOCATION_NAME=%s" %
        self.listOfLocations[self.lblocations.GetSelection()]])
        IndexError: list index out of range

(tested recently on grass6.4.0 (rev 36255))

Am I doing somenthing wrong ?
Formerly with tcltk it would work (so when in this case, I start from
tcltk...)

Yours,
Vincent.