[GRASS-dev] Re: [GRASS-user] r.mfilter.fp seg fault

Glynn Clements glynn at gclements.plus.com
Thu Mar 12 06:45:31 EDT 2009

Michael Barton wrote:

> >> I have been investigating the r.mfilter.fp function with a relatively
> >> large raster file. My poor 6.3.0 version (on a x64bits - Poseidon
> >> (ubuntu) distribution) of this binary keeps sending me a deadly
> >> "segmentation fault".
> >> I would like to know if this is a known issue? If yes any
> >> suggestion on
> >> how to solve it?
> >
> > I can't find any record of any bugs being fixed in r.mfilter.fp since
> > it was created, so it doesn't look like a known issue.
> >
> > Can you provide a recipe to reproduce this using only the sample
> > datasets or generated data?
> >
> > --
> > Glynn Clements <glynn at gclements.plus.com>
>
> Glynn, others,
>
> Assuming that this report turns out to be not a problem, is there any
> reason not to simply replace r.mfilter with r.mfilter.fp?

Only the fact that it's not 100% backwards compatible, although I have
no idea whether anyone will actually want the old behaviour.

Apart from the use of integers, r.mfilter reads nulls as zero, while
r.mfilter.fp reads nulls as null and propagates them (i.e. the result
cell will be null if any cell in the moving window is null).