[GRASS-dev] SQL inequality and GXW files

Joe Ostrowski jtostrowski at comcast.net
Sun Mar 15 22:58:35 EDT 2009

I'm using 6.4.0RC3 on OSX 10.4.11 (Kyngesburye release) using the
WxPython GUI.  I set up a where clause for a vector display
(ATTR<>'ABC'), which works fine.  I then save the workspace as
"test.gxw".  No problem there.

When I try to open the test.gxw workspace file I get the error message:

Error
Reading workspace file <..../test.gxw>
failed. Invalid file, unable to parse XML document.
<unknown>:17:35: not well-formed (invalid token)

I open up the file using emacs and it immediately flags the "<" in
the "<>" field:

<parameter name="where">
     <value>ATTR<>'ABC'</value>
</parameter>

since it believes the "<" is opening a markup tag.

I edit the file to change "<>" to &lt;&gt; and try to open the
workspace file again.  This time the workspace gets loaded just
fine.  Tried to save with the SQL "cat<10".  File saves OK but I get
the same error when trying to open that gxw file.  I change the "<10"
to "&lt;10" and the file opens and the vector displays no problem.

I guess the GXW save facility needs to check for the "<" symbol and
replace it with "&lt;"

Thanks,

Joe