[GRASS-dev] experimental LFS support in vector libs

Markus Metz markus.metz.giswork at googlemail.com
Mon Mar 16 07:30:26 EDT 2009

Based on the discussion in this list, I have added experimental LFS
support to trunk in r36392. It works on Linux 32bit and 64bit, both
tested with and without --enable-largefile. I can not test on other
systems, unfortunately.
Vectors created with the new libs are fully backwards compatible to
grass6x, and vectors created with grass6x can be read directly by the
new libs. IOW, the change should be invisible to the user for vectors
with coor files < 2GB. Vector coor files > 2GB are not supported in
grass6x anyway.

Markus M