[GRASS-dev] Re: Parallelization of GRASS modules for GSOC 2009

Jyothish Soman jyothish.soman at gmail.com
Sat Mar 21 02:11:01 EDT 2009

I went through the functions list and my first point of understanding was
that the following functions will be nice to be worked into:

in raster functions:
r.terraflow, r.walk,r.watershed,r.water.outlet.

in image functions:
The most obvious one I saw was i.fft and i.ifft. An extension of which would
be i.zc.
I went through Yann's recommendation on i.atcorr, and went through the
research paper corresponding to it, Since the concept is new to me, it is
possible that I might end up picking the brains of the mentor.

Also beyond parallel, I will be fine with network tool kit also. Is it an
active project?.

Whatever happens to my GSOC application, I will be more than happy to work
with the developer team at GRASS.

--
JYOTHISH SOMAN
MS-2008-CS
International Institute of Information Technology
Hyderabad
India
Phone:+91-9966222626
http://www.iiit.ac.in/