[GRASS-user] Re: [GRASS-dev] call for volunteers - urgent need for Windows Vista binaries

Colin Nielsen colin.nielsen at gmail.com
Mon Mar 30 19:29:08 EDT 2009

Michael,
I have just tried r.patch, v.patch and v.what.rast on the new
grass-6.4.svn release in osgeo4w (built on XP I assume), and haven't
had any problems with any of them. So perhaps these issues have been
solved.

Maybe I'm missing it somewhere in the many wiki pages, but is there a
complete list of vista related issues for me/others to test?
http://grass.osgeo.org/wiki/WinGRASS_Current_Status#Vista seems not to
have been updated recently.

My two cents: I agree that an standalone installer is vastly
preferable to the osgeo4w format for the majority of windows users. I
have heard that Marco is not able to continue to supply these
installers, but did he document the steps required to create
installers somewhere? With the osgeo4w installer allowing for quick
compiles of new grass versions, there should be no reason why these
can't be continued.

-Colin