[GRASS-dev] GRASS 7 configure fails on Mac

William Kyngesburye woklist at kyngchaos.com
Mon Mar 30 22:27:58 EDT 2009

Finally got some time to actually try it.  Error in python vdigit -
it's looking for geos_c.h, from Vect.h.

For the linking, it works on OSX as is, but only because I include
both C++ and C APIs (libgeos and libgeos_c) in the same binary in the
GEOS framework.  On other platforms, libgeos_c is probably necessary.

On Mar 30, 2009, at 5:24 PM, William Kyngesburye wrote:

> On Mar 30, 2009, at 4:57 PM, Martin Landa wrote:
>
>>> Is GEOS support really using the C++ API?  geos-config --libs only
>>> returns
>>> the C++ linking info.
>>
>> No, C API.
>
> Then add -lgeos_c the GEOS_LIBS?  Though you might want an extra
> check to verify libgeos_c exists.
>
> Maybe this is where Michael is having problems.
>
>>> Searching the rest of the source, I don't see GEOS used, yet, so
>>> there
>>> should be no problems compiling --without-geos.  Is this yet to
>>> come?
>>
>> lib/vector/Vlib/geos.c
>> vector/v.select/geos.c
>
> Strange, my text search for GEOSLIBS and GEOSCLFAGS didn't turn up
> anything (except in configure where I looked with my eyes), yet I
> see them in platform.make.in, grass.make and vlib/makefile.  Must
> have had a filter on.
>
> -----
> http://www.kyngchaos.com/
>
> "History is an illusion caused by the passage of time, and time is
> an illusion caused by the passage of history."
>
> - Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy

-----
http://www.kyngchaos.com/

Theory of the Universe

There is a theory which states that if ever anyone discovers exactly
what the universe is for and why it is here, it will instantly
disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarrely
inexplicable.  There is another theory which states that this has
already happened.

-Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy 2nd season intro