[GRASS-dev] Re: [GRASS GIS] #594: wx GUI won't start (Mac OS X 10.5.6) / Python 2.6 / wxWidgets 2.8.10 / wxPyhton 2.8.9.2

GRASS GIS trac at osgeo.org
Mon May 11 02:06:46 EDT 2009

#594: wx GUI won't start (Mac OS X 10.5.6) / Python 2.6 / wxWidgets 2.8.10 /
wxPyhton 2.8.9.2
  Reporter:  vince   |       Owner:  grass-dev at lists.osgeo.org
      Type:  defect  |      Status:  reopened
 Component:  wxGUI   |     Version:  6.4.0 RCs
Resolution:          |    Keywords:  wxGUI does not load
  Platform:  MacOSX  |         Cpu:  x86-64
Comment (by vince):

 Besides, I can't figure out how the python routine reexec_with_pythonw is
 supposed to work. On my machine, the __file__ variable used to design the
 file to be reexec'ed expands to utils.py, so the file being reexec'ed is
 the file containing the routine, which does nothing (since this file
 contains only def's and no main code).

 Other question: if I understand correctly the behaviour of Grass, all
 fonctions called from the GUI are exec'ed via fork ()/G_spawn () (unlike
 Qgis)? That's to decide if it makes sense to have a 32-bit GUI and 64-bit
 functions...

--
Ticket URL: <http://trac.osgeo.org/grass/ticket/594#comment:7>
GRASS GIS <http://grass.osgeo.org>