[GRASS-dev] re: python grass problems on OSX (Incompatible library version for module)

massimo di stefano massimodisasha at yahoo.it
Mon May 11 03:49:51 EDT 2009

I tried :

cd /Users/Shared/source/grass_trunk/

svn up

make distclean

export CXXFLAGS="-arch ppc -arch i386 -Os" ; export CFLAGS="-arch ppc -
arch i386 -Os" ; export LDFLAGS="-arch ppc -arch i386 -Os" ; export
GDAL_BIN=/Library/Frameworks/gdal.framework/unix/bin/ ; export
NAD2BIN=/Library/Frameworks/PROJ.framework/Programs/nad2bin

./configure .. .. .. --prefix=/usr/local/

make

sudo make install

then i copied the the script i.img2rr inside the scripts directory :

cp i.img2rr /usr/local/grass-7.0.svn/scripts

chmod a+x /usr/local/grass-7.0.svn/scripts/i.img2rr

run  grass70

GRASS 7.0.svn (spearfish60):~ > i.img2rr image1=geology
MPI running with 1 processors...
ERROR: Incompatible library version for module. You need to rebuild
GRASS
        or untangle multiple installations.
GRASS 7.0.svn (spearfish60):~ >

i tried the command "ldd"
but it is not found on my system

a google search tell me about "otool" as an osx "ldd" replacment
inside grass shell :

otool -L `which i.img2rr`
/usr/local/grass-7.0.svn/scripts/i.img2rr: is not an object file

so itried it directly on the executable, but i haven't clue if these
can help :

GRASS 7.0.svn (spearfish60):~ > otool -L /private/var/tmp/XcodeBuilds/
Release/img2rr
/private/var/tmp/XcodeBuilds/Release/img2rr:
	@executable_path/../Frameworks/ossim.framework/Versions/A/ossim
(compatibility version 1.0.0, current version 1.0.0)
	@executable_path/../Frameworks/OpenThreads.framework/Versions/A/
OpenThreads (compatibility version 0.0.0, current version 1.0.0)
	/usr/lib/libstdc++.6.dylib (compatibility version 7.0.0, current
version 7.4.0)
	/usr/lib/libgcc_s.1.dylib (compatibility version 1.0.0, current
version 1.0.0)
	/usr/lib/libSystem.B.dylib (compatibility version 1.0.0, current
version 88.3.10)
GRASS 7.0.svn (spearfish60):~ >