[GRASS-dev] python grass problems on OSX (Incompatible library version for module)

William Kyngesburye woklist at kyngchaos.com
Mon May 11 10:08:39 EDT 2009

On May 11, 2009, at 3:45 AM, Markus Neteler wrote:

> On Mon, May 11, 2009 at 10:42 AM, Hamish <hamish_b at yahoo.com> wrote:
>> I'm not really sure if that's GRASS 6.0 and 6.5 or if something
>> else has
>> those versions. but maybe it's the gdal-grass plugin that needs to be
>> rebuilt for grass 7??
>
> That's very likely.
> See here for a patch to get that working if you don't use latest
> trunk:
>
> Patch for GDAL-GRASS plugin for GRASS 7
> http://trac.osgeo.org/gdal/ticket/2953

Ah, my GDAL framework uses an internal GRASS 6.4 set of libraries.
That won't be changing until GRASS 7 is released.  It may be possible
to override the builtin GRASS plugin with one based on GRASS 7, but
it'll be tricky.

-----
http://www.kyngchaos.com/

Earth: "Mostly harmless"

- revised entry in the HitchHiker's Guide to the Galaxy