[GRASS-dev] grass python module

Martin Landa landa.martin at gmail.com
Thu May 21 18:14:24 EDT 2009

Hi,

2009/5/8 Glynn Clements <glynn at gclements.plus.com>:

[...]

> Currently, those modules are named swig.grass, swig.vector, etc. That
> was done to avoid a collision over "import grass". But "swig" is a
> rather generic prefix to use. I had thought about changing it from
> "swig.*" to "grass.*", and renaming "grass" to e.g. "grass.script".
>
> The question is whether e.g. "grass.vector" should contain the
> functions from grass.py or the SWIG functions for the vector library.
> IOW, which one gets precedence? Or should we make them equal and just
> have grass.script.vector and grass.swig.vector?
>
> And should "swig" even be visible, or should it be e.g.
> "grass.lib.vector"?

It seems to me 'lib' as better name then 'swig'.

Done in

r37345
r37346
r37347
r37348

If no objections I will backport the changes to develbr6. I would vote
also to backport them to relbr64 (rules for Python scripting should be
same for 64/65), but it would probably require new RC (or wider
testing of wxGUI).

Martin

--
Martin Landa <landa.martin gmail.com> * http://gama.fsv.cvut.cz/~landa