[GRASS-dev] Re: [GRASS-user] Access mapsets out of grass (small problem when launching a grass session)

Glynn Clements glynn at gclements.plus.com
Tue Nov 3 00:13:29 EST 2009

[CC to grass-dev]

Νίκος  	Αλεξανδρής wrote:

> However, I have a small problem: sometimes I launch grass6_dev or
> grass_trunk (my default is grass64) and whenever I hit Ctrl+C to break a
> running process, it happens sometimes to hit it twice and this breaks
> also the grass(6_dev or _trunk) session to break.

This appears to have been introduced in:

	http://trac.osgeo.org/grass/changeset/39350#file3

It doesn't appear to be in 7.0, though; if you're seeing it there, I
don't know what's causing it.

The change is a mistake, and should be reverted or modified.

The motivation appears to have been to allow the GUI to kill the
shell; in which case, it should have used some other signal (e.g.
SIGTERM, SIGHUP, SIGQUIT).