[GRASS-dev] v.generalize

Markus Metz markus.metz.giswork at googlemail.com
Wed Nov 4 03:22:15 EST 2009

Paolo Cavallini wrote:
> Hi Daniel.
> Thanks for your reply. I'm trying to generalize (and smooth) polygons, not
> lines, so your suggestion do not apply.

No, Daniel's suggestions do apply because you want to generalize
boundaries. If an area is defined by many short boundaries, there is
nothing to smooth because each boundary is processed separately and you
need to build polylines first in order to get nice results. See previous
posts on this topic.

Also type=boundary instead of type=area would help.

Markus M