[GRASS-dev] [GRASS GIS] #804: Implemenation of the Pareto Boundary (to support accuracy assessment of low resolution thematic maps)

GRASS GIS trac at osgeo.org
Sat Nov 7 11:43:46 EST 2009

#804: Implemenation of the Pareto Boundary (to support accuracy assessment of low
resolution thematic maps)
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------+
 Reporter:  nikos                                                                                          |       Owner:  grass-dev at lists.osgeo.org
     Type:  enhancement                                                                                    |      Status:  new
      Cpu:  Unspecified                                                                                    |
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------+
 It would be nice to have an "i.pareto" (?) module in GRASS which will
 implement the Pareto Boundary.[[BR]]

 The Pareto Boundary can be useful for the accuracy assessment of (all
 kinds of) low resolution dichotomic maps and theoretically even maps with
 multiple classes.[[BR]] Details can be found in a paper of Boschetti et
 al. [1].[[BR]]

 I've wrote some python and R scripts (attached) for my own use which are
 (very) far from being (what I call) a generally useful program. I wish
 some real programmer could implement this within grass (and R).

 Thanks, Nikos

 ---[[BR]]
 [1] Analysis of the conflict between omission and commission in low
 spatial resolution dichotomic thematic products: The Pareto Boundary
 Luigi Boschetti, Stephane P. Flasse, Pietro A. Brivio; published in
 Remote Sensing of Environment 91 (2004) 280 – 292

--
Ticket URL: <http://trac.osgeo.org/grass/ticket/804>
GRASS GIS <http://grass.osgeo.org>