[GRASS-dev] Need ideas for a masters thesis...

Marco Alicera marco.alicera at gmail.com
Fri Nov 13 09:51:18 EST 2009

Hi,

I would love to see some tools for corridor mapping and analysis. I
came across grass because of its r.profile routine when I had to do
deal with a LIDAR survey of a 70 km x 400 m corridor for a path, but I
was not able to do much with it.

Here some links to examples of engineering that needs GIS:

http://proceedings.esri.com/library/userconf/proc95/to100/p061.html

http://proceedings.esri.com/library/userconf/proc05/papers/pap2075.pdf

http://www.toposys.com/pdf-ext/Engl/AP_Corridor.pdf

Good luck!!