[GRASS-dev] configure changes

Glynn Clements glynn at gclements.plus.com
Sat Nov 14 13:44:03 EST 2009

I've started re-writing SC_CONFIG_CFLAGS (the autoconf macro which
determines the compiler and linker switches for various platforms).

This code was originally lifted verbatim from another project, and had
several issues; mostly the fact that it used "uname" to determine the
platform, rather than $host, which makes cross-compiling impossible,
but also it was a mess which no-one understood.

Currently, it only recognises the following platforms:

        *-linux-*
        *-pc-cygwin
        *-pc-mingw32
	*-apple-darwin*
	*-sun-solaris*

Of those, only the first has been tested.

Please report any problems related to linking (particularly those
related to shared libraries) to the list.

If you have access to a platform not listed above, post its $ARCH
(i.e. the name normally used for the dist.$ARCH directory) and I'll
try to resurrect it.