[GRASS-dev] Re: [GRASS-windows] New Wingrass64-Selfinstaller (svn-rev39740)

Colin Nielsen colin.nielsen at gmail.com
Mon Nov 16 13:54:02 EST 2009

Helmut,
>>Finally, since this is not a release candidate version I've been
>>creating it in the "DEV6_SVN_REVISION" slot of the installer. If you
>>could do it there instead of the RELEASE slot then it will detect the
>>older installation and update it accordingly.
>
> because the installer is build on the GRASS64-releasebranch-svn-code (living in C:\OSGeo4W\apps\grass\grass-6.4.0svn) and not on the GRASS65-develbranch-svn-code. but if you can submit your GRASS-Packager.bat- and GRASS-Installer.nsi-script, so we could synchronise the installer.

All you have to do is change line 18 to Dev6, and lines 30-33 with the
6.4 values (6.4.0svn;grass64)

> <
>>Markus, we should probably put the old installer back until this can
>>be re-packaged with the missing folders added.
>
> I've build a new installer, also now with the GRASS bin and lib folders. The installer has now about ~ 100MB. I've seen, your earlier self-installers had about ~80MB. the difference in size maybe related to different stuff installed in the osgeo4w-stack?

I'm sure you're right, I think I saw Qt4 and other QGIS things which
GRASS doesn't need if I remember correctly. These all end up in the
extrabin and extralib directories. I didn't want to write each
individual file in the Packager script by hand, but maybe we'll have
to in order to avoid "bloat".

-Colin