[GRASS-dev] Re: [GRASS GIS] #814: r.resamp.stats memory corruption when resampling from different projection/zone

GRASS GIS trac at osgeo.org
Wed Nov 18 20:55:14 EST 2009

#814: r.resamp.stats memory corruption when resampling from different
projection/zone
-----------------------+----------------------------------------------------
  Reporter:  pertusus  |       Owner:  grass-dev at lists.osgeo.org
      Type:  defect    |      Status:  new
 Component:  Raster    |     Version:  6.4.0 RCs
Resolution:            |    Keywords:
  Platform:  Linux     |         Cpu:  x86-32
-----------------------+----------------------------------------------------
Comment (by glynn):

 Replying to [ticket:814 pertusus]:

 > I would like to resample a map from a mapset to another that have a
 different region using r.resamp.stats -w

 > In the new mapset, CRU_GRID, region is:

 {{{
  > g.region -p
 projection: 3 (Latitude-Longitude)
 }}}

 > In the PERMANENT mapset, the region is:
 {{{
  > g.region -p
 projection: 99 (Lambert Azimuthal Equal Area)
 }}}

 Whoa. This shouldn't be possible. Projections are per-location, not per-
 mapset. I suggest running
 {{{
 g.region -d
 }}}
 in both mapsets, then trying again.

 I'm curious as to how you ended up with a WIND file with a different
 projection than the DEFAULT_WIND file. If it's because you copied a mapset
 directory from one location to another, the answer is "don't do that".

--
Ticket URL: <http://trac.osgeo.org/grass/ticket/814#comment:1>
GRASS GIS <http://grass.osgeo.org>