[GRASS-dev] Make files for g.extension

Markus Neteler neteler at osgeo.org
Mon Nov 23 11:04:22 EST 2009

On Mon, Nov 23, 2009 at 3:30 PM, John A Stevenson
<john.stevenson at manchester.ac.uk> wrote:
> Markus Neteler wrote:
>>
>> It is likely g.extension in 6.4 and 6.5 and the related Makefile systems.
>>
>> Can you please make a try with GRASS 7? In GRASS 7 it is written
>> in Python and the overall Makefile system is better.
>> If it works for you in GRASS 7 we may think how to backport that.
>>

> No luck.  Is this a problem with shell script type addons?

Good question.

>  The addon isn't a Python script (yet...)

The addon can be C or Shell or ... (say, that's the idea).

> g.extension output:
>
> GRASS 7.0.svn (iceland_srtm):~/laptop/grassdata/iceland_srtm > g.extension
> r.denoise svnurl=https://svn.osgeo.org/grass/grass-addons/
> Fetching 'r.denoise' from GRASS-Addons SVN (be patient)...
> A    r.denoise/description.html
> A    r.denoise/r.denoise
> A    r.denoise/Makefile
> Checked out revision 39791.
> Compiling 'r.denoise'...
> make: *** No rule to make target
> `/home/mbessjs3/usr/local/src/grass/grass_trunk/dist.i686-pc-linux-gnu/scripts/r.denoise',
> needed by `script'. Stop.
> ERROR: Compilation failed, sorry. Please check above error messages.

I guess that's due to the fact that some (don't know how
much) shell support was removed from the Makefile system
in GRASS 7.

> r.denoise makefile:
>
> MODULE_TOPDIR = ../..
>
> PGM=r.denoise
>
> include $(MODULE_TOPDIR)/include/Make/Script.make
>
> default: script
>
> --

Unfortunately no idea but I can replicate the problem.

Markus