[GRASS-dev] [GRASS GIS] #829: v.in.ogr: when pointing to a folder import of vectors can produce wrong results

GRASS GIS trac at osgeo.org
Mon Nov 30 14:56:09 EST 2009

#829: v.in.ogr: when pointing to a folder import of vectors can produce wrong
results
----------------------+-----------------------------------------------------
 Reporter:  lutra     |       Owner:  grass-dev at lists.osgeo.org
     Type:  defect    |      Status:  new
      Cpu:  x86-32    |
----------------------+-----------------------------------------------------
 I was giving a try to v.in.ogr pointing to a folder containing a few
 shapfiles and the results didn't convinced me. So I made a simple test.

 *) Created two simple shapefiles each containing one polygon, each polygon
 partially overlapping the one in the other shape
 *) Placed the shapes in one folder and run "v.in.ogr -o
 dsn=/home/gio/test_shapes output=test_import"

 The expected result was to obtain two layers each with one feature, as in
 the original shapes.

 Instead I get 3 layers:

 *) One with one feature, representing the overlap area
 *) Two representing the original polygons except for the fact they are
 made of two features: the "extra" feature is the overlap area

 Seems wrong to me, considering that if the poligons in the sample shapes
 do not overlap, then the results are the expected ones.

--
Ticket URL: <http://trac.osgeo.org/grass/ticket/829>
GRASS GIS <http://grass.osgeo.org>