[GRASS-dev] Re: i.rgb.his/i.his.rgb and 16bit images

Hamish hamish_b at yahoo.com
Thu Oct 1 13:38:06 EDT 2009

[16bit quickbird images + i.rgb2his, i.his2rgb]

Georg Kaspar wrote:
> thanks for the effort. i compiled the module with the
> applied patch, but the output is still encoded in 8 bit.
> can'ts see why though...

Very sorry if this is a dumb question, but did you set n_levels=
to 65535? (it defaults to 8bit)
Does 'i.rgb2his --help' show the option?
what does 'r.info -r' say about the 3 r,g,b bands?

really that option name is misleading, it should be max_level=255
or n_levels=256 or bitdepth=8. I think to go with bitdepth= with
8,16 as the only options. Anyone know if 32bit or other bits
satellite/imagery data exist?

set colors with:

r.colors band.red color=rules
0 black
65535 white
end

etc.

note that i.his2rgb has not been modified; experimenting with
i.rgb2his first.

do you know of any free-for-download QB data for testing it
with?

Hamish