[GRASS-dev] python in windows?

Hamish hamish_b at yahoo.com
Fri Oct 2 20:08:06 EDT 2009

Michael Barton wrote:
> We have a python script that uses
> g_parser and runs find in Linux and Mac.
> We can get it to open but not to actually read
> the input argument from the GUI in
> Windows.
> Is there something special we need to do to make
> a GRASS Python script run in Windows?

this is a similar problem as NVIZ has from the wxGui File menu or wx
Cmd> prompt.

Is the script somewhere in the $PATH / %PATH% ?

maybe these hints from trac #580 can help ?
  https://trac.osgeo.org/grass/ticket/580

rem ...make .py extension optional
set PATHEXT=%PATHEXT%;.PY

rem ...not sure, the following maybe does nothing
set .py="%GRASSDIR%\extrabin\python.exe"

rem ...these are important
assoc .py=Python.File
ftype Python.File="%GRASSDIR%\extrabin\python.exe" "%1" "%*"
assoc .pyw=Python.NoConFile
ftype Python.NoConFile="%GRASSDIR%\extrabin\pythonw.exe" "%1" "%*"

Hamish