[GRASS-dev] Re: nc_spm_08 - 'cat' double

Hamish hamish_b at yahoo.com
Sun Oct 25 15:04:36 EDT 2009

Helena wrote:
> I can do an update of the data set to
> the extent that it does not break
> any instruction material (adding metadata is one of items
> on my TODO list) so let me know any other things that need
> fixing.

yeah, I'll make a list of files soon, it was things like $MAPSET/.tmp/
and $MAPSET/.bash_history.

> I have an additional mapset for this location with time series of
> coastal lidar data which I can post if it would be useful
> (great for showing what you can do with r.series)

absolutely! perhaps do it as an addon like the spearfish-imagery dataset?

> I too have no idea what UID.GIS is,

when tarring it up perhaps the archive flag was given? or so, thus `ls -l`
on the untarred dataset retains the unix filesystem user ID number and
group ID number, which for everyone else but the packager will be wrong.
when the permissions are reset somehow so group rights are needed, or
the GRASS you-must-own-the-mapset rule to write maps gets triggered,
breakage occurs.

thanks,
Hamish
(greetings from Google HQ)