[GRASS-dev] Updates for GRASS vector modules: where to merge?

Markus Neteler neteler at osgeo.org
Wed Sep 2 15:13:39 EDT 2009

On Wed, Sep 2, 2009 at 5:35 PM, Benjamin
Ducke<benjamin.ducke at oxfordarch.co.uk> wrote:
> I am looking to do a lot of 3D vector data processing with GRASS GIS
> in the near future. So I am currently testing GRASS' capabilities
> for importing, processing and exporting such data.
> I have noticed a number of small lacks and annoyances in a range
> of GRASS modules that handle 3D vector data, including v.in.ogr,
> v.out.ogr, v.info, v.edit and v.extrude. Over the next days, I will
> produce a number of small patches to cure these.

Great to hear!

> My question is: what code branch should I base my work on?
> Is there any chance that modifications to such basic modules
> as v.in.ogr will still get applied to 6.4, seeing that we are
> already at 6.4? Or would this be something for 6.5?

please submit to 6.5 *and* 7, otherwise they go out of sync.
If you submit patches as trac tickets, we can mark them there
for 6.4.1 (a bunch is already queuing).
If the patch is a fix, we can even backport to 6.4.svn (6.4.0)
but first it needs to go into 6.5 and 7.

best
Markus