[GRASS-dev] Re: v.krige.py Documentation

Anne Ghisla a.ghisla at gmail.com
Thu Sep 3 04:17:40 EDT 2009

Il giorno mer, 02/09/2009 alle 16.23 -0600, Jeshua Lacock ha scritto:
> On Sep 2, 2009, at 6:05 AM, Anne Ghisla wrote:
[..]
> > I suppose you run Windows: that's what happen when you use head
> > revision
> > of v.krige and an outdated revision of GRASS. The module is presently
> > developed with develbranch_6, so needs recent updates (r38834 or
> > higher). I plan to improve backward compatibility in the near future.
>

> Actually I am on Mac OS X using 6.4 RC 5.
> I checked out v.krige yesterday. Are you suggesting that it requires
> GRASS 6.4 from SVN (I am not sure what is meant by r38834)?

Right, it requires to compile GRASS from SVN.
You can obtain suitable source with a command like:

svn co https://svn.osgeo.org/grass/grass/branches/develbranch_6
grass6_devel

See these pages [0,1] for further information.
If you feel unconfortable with compiling, you can first follow Dylan's
advice and use v.surf.rst [2] with your current version of GRASS.

regards,
Anne

[0] https://trac.osgeo.org/grass/wiki/DownloadSource
[1] http://grass.osgeo.org/wiki/Compiling_on_MacOSX