[GRASS-dev] error ./configuring trunk

William Kyngesburye woklist at kyngchaos.com
Tue Sep 8 17:03:10 EDT 2009

Oops, I think it's the OSX arch options I added this weekend - they
use the -E sed flag that's in BSD sed, but maybe not in GNU sed?  I
wasn't sure if I should (or how) to only check those parts on OSX (it
does NOT have anything to do with the OSX app option).  Or is there an
equivalent -E option that works in GNU and BSD?

Is it OK to check the $system var in configure.in, when it's something
that's created by an autocof macro?  Or is there an AC macro that can
do something based on the system?

On Sep 8, 2009, at 3:49 PM, Hamish wrote:

> Hi,
>
> with latest svn when I try to ./configure trunk I get a whole pile of
> sed usage errors:
>

> checking whether to use Python... yes
> checking for python-config... /usr/bin/python2.5-config
> checking for Python.h... yes
> sed: invalid option -- E
> Usage: sed [OPTION]... {script-only-if-no-other-script} [input-
> file]...

-----
http://www.kyngchaos.com/

"We are at war with them. Neither in hatred nor revenge and with no
particular pleasure I shall kill every ___ I can until the war is
over. That is my duty."

"Don't you even hate 'em?"

"What good would it do if I did? If all the many millions of people of
the allied nations devoted an entire year exclusively to hating the
____ it wouldn't kill one ___ nor shorten the war one day."

<Ha, ha> "And it might give 'em all stomach ulcers."

- Tarzan, on war