[GRASS-dev] GRASS 6.4 release

Hamish hamish_b at yahoo.com
Fri Sep 11 04:52:08 EDT 2009

Michael wrote:
> To follow up on a recent thread, I'm also in favor of trying to
> get 6.4 released. I know of 2 major issues
>
> 1) v.delaunay is still badly broken <http://trac.osgeo.org/grass/ticket/660>
> 2) nviz will not launch from the wxpython menu in Windows.
> Because this does launch from the Msys command line, I
> suspect that it is something in the wxpython code (perhaps
> menuform.py). I don't think this is the same as <http://trac.osgeo.org/grass/ticket/627>

see release critical summary here:
   https://trac.osgeo.org/grass/report/13

to take the first one on the list,
  https://trac.osgeo.org/grass/ticket/595

the g.version Makefile fails on Windows. Also the wxGUI Help->About
version of the GPL(+authors) is broken so there is no straight way to
inform the users of their rights under the GPL, which is a mandatory
requirement for release.

> There may be another Windows issue, but I'm not sure. When
> trying to create a location from a georeferenced file in
> Windows XP, 2 student got the same error
>
> r.in.gdal input=F:\Documentele mele\GIS
> DataBase\SRTM_ff03_p184r028.tif\SRTM_ff03_p184r028.tif
> output=GIS_Group title=S_Carpathians_Romania
> location=Romania_UTM
> ERROR: region for current mapset is not set
> run "g.region"

this was bug #654 in rc5 I think. If so, it is fixed soon after / sorry
about the trouble, I get to wear the brown paper bag. Was it self-built?
AFAIK Colin and JEF both updated to newer 6.4.0svn checkouts now.

go, go, go!
Hamish