[GRASS-dev] suspicious warnings while compiling GRASS trunk (r39080)

Markus Metz markus.metz.giswork at googlemail.com
Sun Sep 13 07:23:24 EDT 2009

Glynn Clements wrote:
> Markus Neteler wrote:
>
> [...]
>> r39136, Fix diglib warnings
>>

> These mostly fix warnings related to Markus Metz' LFS changes, so
> shouldn't be applicable to 6.4.

Thanks, I couldn't come up with something that works on both 32 bit and
64 bit. Interesting solution you chose with PRI_OFF_T, I didn't know
that is possible.

My compiler (gcc 4.3.2) on Linux 64bit now says that long long int is
not the same like off_t, e.g.

cindex_rw.c:69: warning: format '%lld' expects type 'long long int', but
argument 4 has type 'off_t'

although long long int and off_t are both of size 8 ???

Markus M