[GRASS-dev] trying to ID wxdigitize crash cause in GRASS 6.4 svn

Michael Barton michael.barton at asu.edu
Sun Sep 20 21:54:27 EDT 2009

I'm trying to find out who else is having the problem of the wxpython
digitizer crashing the GUI as soon as a map is selected to edit.

This is happening to me the the current svn version of GRASS 6.4, with
multiple versions of wxPython. I don't know when this problem began,
but I'm pretty sure that digitizing was working fine sometime this
summer.

I'm on a Mac with OS X 10.5.8 and swig 1.3.31. Joshua Lecock has
reported the same problem. After the GUI crash, the problem reported
by Apple is in the _grass6_wxvdigit.so plug-in.

Are there other people compiling Mac 6.4 from source that this affects?

It does NOT seem to affect the binary produced by William Kyngesburye.
But he compiles wxPython from source. I've always used the wxPython
binaries and never had problems.

Is it happening to anyone else who compiles from source in Linux? (We
can't check with Windows folks because digitizing does not yet work
for Windows. )

Thanks
Michael

C. Michael Barton