[GRASS-dev] Re: bundling wxpython - solves 6.4 digitizer problem

William Kyngesburye woklist at kyngchaos.com
Mon Sep 21 14:02:08 EDT 2009

On Sep 21, 2009, at 12:30 PM, Michael Barton wrote:

> Bingo!
>
> Bundling wxPython with GRASS 6.4 produces a binary in which wxPython
> digitize works without crashing the GUI.

Are you bundling the 'official' wxpython binaries?

> Now the question is why does this work and a normal make does not--
> using the same source file and the same binary wxPython installation.

I wonder if there is some confusion when the GUI is run, that it's
bundling it.  The GRASS python path will always be before any others,
so there will be no mistake.

The site-packages python path will have whichever wx path that was
loaded last at the top of the path list, which may or may not be the
one you want. (if there are multiple wxpythons installed, and assuming
that they were installed such that earlier installations aren't
trashed by later installations, which is what the official installers
do)

> I will try the same thing with GRASS 6.5 and see if it solves the
> frozen elements problem. I take it that I follow the wiki
> instructions for 6.5, correct?

Yes.

-----
http://www.kyngchaos.com/

The equator is so long, it could encircle the earth completely once.

-----
http://www.kyngchaos.com/

"I ache, therefore I am.  Or in my case - I am, therefore I ache."

- Marvin