[GRASS-dev] Re: i.plr.py Probabilistic Label Relaxation

Georg Kaspar georg at muenster.de
Wed Sep 23 08:39:31 EDT 2009

I had hoped for some feedback... Is there generally no interest in the
functionality of the script or is it the lack of speed (or something else?)
I'm interested in improving the implementation but a few hints would be
useful. Here are some ideas I came up wirh:

- At the moment, probabilities are being extracted by running i.maxlik
for each class. Maybe this could also be achieved by changing the
i.maxlik module. However, this step should be taken out of the script to
be performed seperately.

- Of course, an implementation in C would improve speed...

- As far as I know, python will load the whole image into memory - is
there some python package that improves the handling of large image files?