[GRASS-dev] OpenCL Parallelization

Jeshua Lacock jeshua at openosx.com
Wed Sep 23 13:08:49 EDT 2009

On Sep 15, 2009, at 7:52 AM, Jyothish Soman wrote:

> Sorry to you all for not being active, I will love to help in this
> effort. >From September 28 to december end, there is only GRASS
> coding on the menu for me.
>
> Please do pass me any work in that time frame OPENCL or CUDA . I
> will be happy to oblige.
>
> Also, I think there is scope for using GPU as a coprocessor and
> splitting work between different processors on the same machine to
> coexist.
>
> FYI, I am very much at ease with CUDA (NVidia GPU programming), than
> any other form of parallelization methods. It is my field of research.

Greetings,

Here is a video of a rather impressive Manifold GIS CUDA demo
performing a raster operation:

http://www.manifold.net/video/nvidia_cuda_demo.wmv

The operation is reduced from 60 seconds to 2 using 1 GPU - imagine if
they had 4 GPUs! It would go from 60 seconds to nearly realtime....

Best,

Jeshua Lacock, Owner
<http://OpenOSX.com>
phone: 208.462.4171