[GRASS-dev] what's going on in r39326

Hamish hamish_b at yahoo.com
Wed Sep 30 11:01:47 EDT 2009

Maris wrote:
> > PS. Now I understand why GRASS has issues. Such huge
> > discussion for small change and no serious feedback for
> > large and serious changes as per r39323 :(

this is known as the bike-shed problem, and is not unique to
GRASS, or even software. see
  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bike_shed
  http://bikeshed.com/

in this case I like to keep my head around everything that
Init.sh does, and saw something I couldn't follow. Education
and communication is universally good. Any modification to
the critical main startup script is by definition serious.

MN:
> change which can break things five minutes before the final
> release.

In Maris's defence, this change was only in 6.5. (?right?)

regards,
Hamish