[GRASS-dev] Fwd: [GRASS-user] How to embed a grass script (for example v.db.addcol) into a Pythonscript on windows?

Helmut Kudrnovsky hellik at web.de
Thu Apr 1 17:57:40 EDT 2010

Michael Barton schrieb:

 > In a related question, maybe more for Colin, does GRASS 7 work in Windows? If so, what is the setup to allow it to run the scripts in Python?

I'm compiling from time to time Grass7 in the osgeo4w-stack on a WinVista32-box for myself.

AFAICT grass7 on WinVista is working with some problems. I'm using python/wpython delivered by the osgeo4w-stack.

- I start grass7 by typing python grass70.py in the osgeo4w-shell/command-line (it's a windows-console)
(see http://trac.osgeo.org/grass/ticket/1015), and grass7 is starting

- but there are problems in the wx-gui (see http://trac.osgeo.org/grass/ticket/1017)

Helmut