[GRASS-dev] GNU scientific library in GRASS

Soeren Gebbert soerengebbert at googlemail.com
Tue Apr 13 08:12:58 EDT 2010

Hello,

2010/4/13 Jarosław Jasiewicz <jarekj at amu.edu.pl>:
> Hi All!
>
> What about using GNU scientific library  (gsl) in GRASS module?
>
> Will it create additional dependencies?

Yes.

> What about compiling on windows?
> Any other contraindications??
>
> In general what I want to use I cannot find in gmath library.

What kind of algorithms are missing in gmath library?
GRASS7 already includes a numerical library called ccmath. Have a look
in the gmath-ccmath wrapper in lib/gmath.
Currently only a few algorithms from ccmath are used: eigenvalue
computation, LU decomposition and SVD solver. Have a look at the
ccmath library (http://freshmeat.net/projects/ccmath/). Maybe the
algorithms you are searching for is present there? If this is the case
we can add it to grass7.

Sören