[GRASS-dev] 6.4.0 blocker bugs

Markus Neteler neteler at osgeo.org
Sun Apr 18 04:44:52 EDT 2010

On Sat, Apr 10, 2010 at 1:31 PM, Martin Landa <landa.martin at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> 2010/4/10 Glynn Clements <glynn at gclements.plus.com>:
>
>> 6.4.0 should be sync'd to 6.5. Maybe 6.5 should be sync'd to 7.0
>> first, with one exception: the 7.0 version of grass.script.mapcalc()
>
> 6.5 sync'ed with 7.0 in r41773, after some testing can be backported to 6.4.

I have tried to generate a new vector map with the new digitizer, but it fails:

----------
Unable to initialize display driver of vector digitizer. See 'Command
output' for details.

Reason: <unprintable DigitError object>

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/home/neteler/grass65/dist.x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu/etc/wxpython/gui_modules/toolbars.py",
line 1123, in StartEditing
    message=_("Unable to initialize display driver of vector "
DigitError: <unprintable DigitError object>
----------

wxNVIZ starts correectly in 6.5.

===============

Attached the derived 6.4 backport from r41773 with a full sync of
core.py (not sure
if that's right). Testing that, also a (different) Python problem when
generating
a new vector map in the digitizer:

Unable to initialize display driver of vector digitizer. See 'Command
output' for details.

Details: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'OpenMap' ()

Also wxNVIZ does not start here, so the attached backport isn't ok yet.

Markus