[GRASS-dev] library not found

William Kyngesburye woklist at kyngchaos.com
Wed Apr 28 14:50:51 EDT 2010

Better is to set GISBASE to the path to your installed GRASS.  The OSX install location (standard app build) is Applications folder.  So if you have GRASS 6.4 installed:

export GISBASE="/Applications/GRASS-6.4.app/Contents/MacOS"

Then make.  Note, you will need to use sudo on the install: sudo make install.

On Apr 28, 2010, at 12:46 PM, Markus Metz wrote:

> It seems that grass_gis is not in the library path. Usually it is in
> <install_path>/grass-<version>/lib, I think. This path needs to be
> added, on e.g. Linux to /etc/ld.so.conf.d/ (check your distro) where
> you could add a file like grass.conf with the path to the grass
> library directory in it.
>
> HTH,
>
> Markus M
>

> 2010/4/28  <jzabalza at ipe.csic.es>:
>> Hi,
>>
>> This is my first mail to the list, so be patience with ignorance, please.
>>
>> I am trying to compile a program from mac terminal. This program is seemed
>> to need some grass libraries. I write on the terminal 'make; make install'
>> and this is the result:
>>
>> $ make;make install
>>
>> gcc  ew_horizon.o fileio.o grassio.o  -L/lib -lm -lgrass_gis -o
>> ew_horizon
>> ld: library not found for -lgrass_gis
>> collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
>> make: *** [ew_horizon] Error 1
>> gcc  ew_horizon.o fileio.o grassio.o  -L/lib -lm -lgrass_gis -o
>> ew_horizon
>> ld: library not found for -lgrass_gis
>> collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
>> make: *** [ew_horizon] Error 1
>>
>> --------
>>
>> -lgrass_gis is noted on the makefile as:
>>
>> PGM = cf7
>> EW_PGM = ew_horizon
>> CC  = gcc
>> CFLAGS  =
>> RHESSYS_BIN = /usr/local/bin
>>
>> OBJECTS = main.o build_flow_table.o fileio.o find_patch.o check_neighbours.o
>> zero_flow_table.o \
>> print_flow_table.o sort_flow_table.o compute_gamma.o remove_pits.o \
>> find_top.o in_list.o adjust_pit.o add_roads.o find_stream.o \
>> find_max_flna.o find_min_flna.o route_roads_to_patches.o
>> compute_upslope_area.o \
>> print_drain_stats.o compute_drainage_density.o compute_dist_from_road.o
>> print_stream_table.o \
>> grassio.o
>>
>> LIBS = -lm
>> GIS_LIBS = -lgrass_gis
>>
>> $(PGM): $(EW_PGM) $(OBJECTS)
>>     $(CC) $(OBJECTS) -L$(GISBASE)/lib $(GIS_LIBS) $(LIBS) $(CFLAGS) -o
>> $(PGM)

-----
http://www.kyngchaos.com/

[Trillian]  What are you supposed to do WITH a maniacally depressed robot?

[Marvin]  You think you have problems?  What are you supposed to do if you ARE a maniacally depressed robot?  No, don't try and answer, I'm 50,000 times more intelligent than you and even I don't know the answer...

- HitchHiker's Guide to the Galaxy