[GRASS-dev] Fwd: [osgeo4w-dev] Re: [osgeo4w] #72: Add Cairo support for grass-7.0

Jürgen E. Fischer jef at norbit.de
Mon Aug 16 05:46:13 EDT 2010

Hi Markus,

On Mon, 16. Aug 2010 at 10:43:46 +0200, Markus Neteler wrote:
> > yes, in other words, any volunteer for maintaining grass package in osgeo4w?

> could you briefly illustrate the tasks to do? Then it may be easier to find a
> volunteer.

[1] has some general instructions,
[2] contains the current packages as produced by
[3], that is, the original version of it, where the tar commands were not
disabled (and I might have made minor other changes in the meantime),

So what it boils down to is running package.sh, uploading the resulting tars
and invoking the setup.ini update procedure.

BTW the GRASS plugins for GDAL are not needed anymore by QGIS.  But QGIS uses
the GRASS libraries, so uploads of new GRASS packages from SVN versions should
be coordinated.

Nightly builds (if any) should be in different packages or better just one.
Eg.  grass-dev with everything installed to apps/grass-dev including a batch
file template grass-dev.bat.tmpl and
ms-windows/osgeo4w/{postinstall,preremove}.bat adapted accordingly and a
adapted setup.hint to upload.

BTW and there is [4] that produces the QGIS NSIS installer from OSGeo4W
packages (not needed for OSGeo4W itself), but which could also be adapted to
produce a grass only installer.

Briefly enough?

Jürgen

[1] http://trac.osgeo.org/osgeo4w/wiki/PackagingInstructions
[2] http://download.osgeo.org/osgeo4w/release/grass/
[3] http://trac.osgeo.org/grass/browser/grass/branches/releasebranch_6_4/mswindows/osgeo4w/package.sh
[4] http://trac.osgeo.org/qgis/browser/branches/Release-1_5_0/ms-windows/osgeo4w/creatensis.pl

--
Jürgen E. Fischer         norBIT GmbH               Tel. +49-4931-918175-20

Rheinstrasse 13, 26506 Norden