[GRASS-dev] Error in r.out.xyz

Glynn Clements glynn at gclements.plus.com
Wed Aug 18 02:29:51 EDT 2010

António Rocha wrote:

> I have runned r.out.xyz in GRASS6.4 (Windows) with the following command:
> r.out.xyz input=26B at PERMANENT output=C:\Test_areas\26B.txt
> fs=
> But, instead of placing 26.txt file in C:\Test_areas\ it has placed in a
> file named Test_areas26.txt in C:\ folder.
>
> 1- Is this expected?

How are you executing the command? If you're using the bash shell, the
backslash is significant to the shell, so you have to either use a
forward slash:

	r.out.xyz input=26B at PERMANENT output=C:/Test_areas/26B.txt

or quote the filename:

	r.out.xyz input=26B at PERMANENT 'output=C:\Test_areas\26B.txt'

or escape the backslashes:

	r.out.xyz input=26B at PERMANENT output=C:\\Test_areas\\26B.txt

If you're using the Windows shell (cmd.exe), it shouldn't have any
problems with backslashes.

> 2- Shall I report this bug?

I don't know if it is a bug.

If you are using bash, you just need to learn its syntax, or use
something else. If it's happening for commands entered within the GUI,
that's a problem with the GUI, and you should file a bug report with
sufficient information (i.e. exactly how the command was used).