[GRASS-dev] G_open_cell_old: unable to open raster map

James McCreight mccreigh at gmail.com
Wed Aug 18 17:28:11 EDT 2010

Greetings-

I've been forced in to development by this bug (ie i have a only a vague
idea of what I'm doing). Help greatly appreciated (need to work on thesis
not bugs).

I've generated a location and a mapset, in this mapset I have files named
input_file.0001, ... , input_file.nnnn, ... , input_file.3313

I'm running  r.hydro.CASC2 (used to be in GRASS), which i've built from gipe
add-on package.
When it gets to approximately nnnn=1016, i get (i'll use the real rast and
mapset names, in case they are relevant):

WARNING: Unable to open raster map
<SBB_runoff_lumped_05.1016 at lumped_05_9930>

The offended block of code in r.hydro.CASC2D is

 if((radar_fd[nfile]=G_open_cell_old(radar_file[nfile],mapset))<0)
            {
              sprintf(buf,"cannot open [%s]\n", radar_file[nfile]);
              G_fatal_error(buf);
      exit(1);
            }

But the file is right in place, looking all fine and dandy. I've also tried
copying input_file.1015 to input_file.1016 using both the gui and on command
line. I still get no error for 1015, only for 1016. Also, if i comment

I'm at a complete loss. Is there a bug in G_open_cell_old? Something which
suggests otherwise: if i comment out the above code, CASC2D apparently runs
until that same map is to be read by G_get_map_row(), at which point I dont
even get a warning, but a seg fault. )

Thanks in advance.

James

--