[GRASS-dev] rc7 winggrass binary sizes?

Helmut Kudrnovsky hellik at web.de
Sat Aug 28 02:43:53 EDT 2010

Hi Hamish,

>  while checking for presence of binary installers before updating the RSS feed on the home page,
>I notice that both the wingrass nightly build and rc7 setup.exe are now about 55mb down from 88mb some days before.>at least for the daily builds I would guess that swig was gone some builds ago, so that doesn't account for it.>incomplete build or silent improvement?
see r43316-r43318
best compression algorithm and optimal (de-)compression rate
I've tested different compressions algorithms delivered by the nsis-installer and played also
with the dictionary size for compression.

lzma and DictSize 64 produces the smallest wingrass-installer. before that changes, the zlib-compression
was used.

best regards
Helmut
GRATIS für alle WEB.DE Nutzer: Die maxdome Movie-FLAT!