[GRASS-dev] GRASS 7: cairo compilation problem

Glynn Clements glynn at gclements.plus.com
Sat Aug 28 09:06:38 EDT 2010

Markus Neteler wrote:

> > IOW, cairo can't make up its mind whether it was built with fontconfig
> > support or not. Is it possible that you have more than one version,
> > and it's using the headers from one version and libraries (and
> > pkg-config data) from another.
>
> rpm -qa | grep 'cairo\|fontconf' | sort

> lib64cairo2-1.9.6-3mdv2010.1

> libcairo2-1.9.6-3mdv2010.1

Is it possible that one of these has FreeType support and the other
doesn't?

> As I understand, the pkg-config output here is wrong since it is used:
> configure.in:CAIROLIB=`pkg-config --libs $cairo`

Yes.

Also, because of issues with pkg-config (e.g. not existing on
platforms other than Linux), configure also has:

  --with-cairo-includes=DIRS
                          cairo include files are in DIRS
  --with-cairo-libs=DIRS  cairo library files are in DIRS
  --with-cairo-ldflags=FLAGS
                          cairo needs FLAGS when linking

So --with-cairo-ldflags=-lfontconfig may be able to work around this.